This year Malta Pride took place on the 9th September in Valletta, Malta Pride Celebrated the newly enacted Marriage Equality Bill and Malta's number 1 ranking as the most LGBTIQ friendly country in Europe (ILGA Rainbow Index).
With the participation of over 2,500 marchers, floats and street performers, Malta Pride sent out a message of empowerment to all those people who feel marginated because they are different. Malta Pride also raised awareness on LGBTIQ Health related issues.
Malta Pride Day celebrations included a Pride Parade followed by an open air free Street Party and Concert with the participation of Top Local Talent, Floats, Dancers, Street Performers and several other attractions.
During the Parade a Giant Rainbow flag was unveiled, the flag was purchased through fund raising efforts by Allied Rainbow Communities (arc), donations made by the community and stripe sponsors LeoVegas, Exante & Heinz & Karsten.
The Malta Pride 17 organisers, Allied Rainbow Communities would would like to thank:
- The Performers for performing for free to make Pride Concert possible.
- The Malta Pride Volunteers. - Malta Pride Sponsors for financing Malta Pride 17: LeoVegas (Main Sponsor),
Chestertons, Vodafone, Ministry for European Affairs and Equality , Coca Cola, Bavaria, Smirnoff and Airmalta.
- Our allies in the LGBTIQ consultative council.
- Our allied LGBT Promoters - S2S, Beatbears and Lollipop.
- Our supporter businesses who helped.
- All those who attended the Fund Raising Party at Medasia Playa.
- The State entities that helped and issued permits.
- All participants who marched at Pride.
All funds raised by Malta Pride 17 will be used to fund Malta Pride 18 and finance LGBTIQ Community Projects.
If you would like to Sponsor, Volunteer or be part of Malta Pride18 please contact us on: firstname.lastname@example.org